Sunday, July 3, 2011

Main Character IP

Here's some shots of the main character of Brother. My story direction changed, so now my senior thesis film will be completely 3D animation. As interesting as my live action idea was, I have really grown to love 3D art and that's what I want to focus on. I have my model almost finished. I think the most challenging part of this thesis will be rigging this character, but I'm determined! I am also in the process of drawing story boards and working with the amazing Zach Brunner to develop the environment. Being at Pixar for the summer is incredible, and I'm learning so much. Regardless of the very busy schedule, I really want to work on my thesis as much as possible. So HOPEFULLY by the end of the summer, I will have a previz and animatic of this new story at the least. We will see. Anyway, this model still needs a heart rig in his chest, and some more "brain" gears, but thanks to Zach's awesome concept of "The Humanoid", the model is looking pretty good =]. Although, it did take a while to model and UV. Next up, texture tests!






2 comments:

  1. This isn't elephant. What happened to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! Elephant is still a main character in the movie.  This guy builds him. You'll see once I'm done story boarding. :)

    ReplyDelete