Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sound Design = Stress and Jitters

I just finished my sound design final after working on it on and off for HOURS. The assignment was to make sound for a 1 minute trailer, no music.. It left me feeling very stressed, anxious, and jittery. And now I know, I don't really like sound design. And, I'm not even completely done because I have to mix and EQ things and what not. The teacher for my sound design class is awesome by the way, one of the best teachers I've ever had. BUT WHY DOES SOUND HAVE TO BE SO TEDIOUS!? I usually work in complete silence and I'm usually working 90% of the time all day everyday, so of course sound design would stress me out. It's constant editing of explosions, gunshots, footsteps, "pops", smacks, punches, etc. Well, it's 5 AM, and I'm not tired. Drawing is really soothing sometimes, so that's what I've been doing for the past 30 minutes. Finals are almost over, and I can't wait to start working on Brother again.

-Sari

No comments:

Post a Comment